Here’s another belated post. I wanted to post the playlist from the last time I sang at The Maltese with my former co-worker Ari. Sure it was over a month ago, but I tried to do a fitting tribute to the songs Ari performed since he started his wacky karaoke career.
- Teddy Bear — To the best of my knowledge, this was the first song Ari sang at The Maltese. I thought it was a fitting way to begin the night.
- Rocky Top — One of the 6 Tennessee state songs and one of the 15,000 University of Tennessee fight songs. Good song although it was rough on my throat.
- Werewolves of London — OK, Ari never really sang this song. However, he said it had one of the best lines in music.
- The Curly Shuffle — Why is this song in the playlist? Because it allows me to get down on the floor and spin in a circle while shouting “Woo, woo, woo, woo, woo.”
- Eastbound and Down — I’ve been told it’s from “Smokey and the Bandit.” Sadly, I wouldn’t know. It’s still a fun song.