Some late posting about my time Tuesday at the Graduate. I was hoping for a good time because of the no-karaoke Monday, but there were only a handful of people. KJ Tim and I traded off songs through the night although newcomer Aaron sang a couple of songs.
The end of the night was marred by an employee coming out from the back and writing an extremely rude message on the request sheet. We were apparently “killing” him and others. I know karaoke isn’t everyone’s cup but sheesh that seemed a little rude.
Here’s the rundown:
- An Old-Fashioned Love Song – Still working on that three-point harmony.
- Ballad of Gillian’s Island – Drat, there’s a mostly unheard second verse.
- Don’t Get Around Much Anymore – Trying another swing song.
- Are You Gonna Go My Way – Experimenting with Kravitz.
- Blue Moon
- Bust A Move – the song that broke the back of the employee. It was rough but I thought it was all right (well, probably not).
- Hey Ya!
- Just the Way You Are – I don’t think I sang it well, but the people cleaning the kitchen recognized it and sang along for a bit.