Like The Grad on Tuesday, there was only a small crowd at The Maltese Wednesday. We think that the low turnout might be due to the Monday holiday. Thankfully, Ari was along to help trade off songs with Ronnie. Joel showed up and seemed to be having a good time (but he didn’t sing).
Eventually, Ronnie declared it was new song night and we all tried our hands at singing different tunes outside our comfort zone. Most of my songs were new to me (aside from two or three “classics”).
- Thanks for the Memory – rough, rough probably better left to the late Bob Hope.
- Summertime – Why, oh why did I try this one? It was way too slow and I don’t have the gravitas.
- She Blinded Me (With Science)
- Down Under
- Take the Last Train to Clarksville
- It’s the End of the World as We Know it (And I Feel Fine)
- Jump, Jive and Wail
- Mr. Roboto – Another rough song because I only really knew the first verse and the chorus.
- Beth – Ronnie tried to get Ari to sing this one, but I jumped in. I didn’t know it and I can only hope that KISS might have enjoyed it if they were present.
- I Want You to Want Me – Another random song Ronnie picked out.
- Give it Away Now – Again, it was rough for a bit until I remembered more of the song.
- Folsom Prison Blues – Ended the night with some Cash.